Wines classified in: HVE

Château Cos d’Estournel

Histoire The history of Château Cos d’Estournel begins in 1811 when its owner Louis Gaspard Lacoste of Maniban Marquis d’Estournel, having inherited some vineyards near the village of Cos, decides to vinify them separately. The wine of Cos d’Estournel was...

Château Brane-Cantenac

History Château Brane-Cantenac became part of the Bordeaux wines history when it was ranked second in the official classification of Bordeaux wines of 1855. Three centuries ago, the vineyard was called Hostein and owned by the Gorce family. In 1866, the property...

Château Branaire Ducru

History The history of the Château Branaire-Ducru began when in 1680 Jean-Baptiste Braneyre acquired the estate: it was already a property of excellence. But the consecration really took place when the domain was raised to the rank of 4th Classified...

Château Tour de Mons

History The history of this very old vineyard begins in the 13th century. Château la Tour de Mons, formerly Tour de Marsac, took in 1623 the name of its owner Pierre de Mons. Château La Tour de Mons was later...

Château Meyney

History In 1662, Château Meyney was a convent. The archives designate it under the name of Couvent des Feuillants or Prieuré des Couleys. Meyney is one of the oldest properties of Médoc. The domain remained for several generations in the...

Blanc de la Tour Carnet

History The history of Château La Tour Carnet dates back to the 12th century. Indeed, this vast vineyard of 132 hectares is undoubtedly one of the oldest domains of the Medoc. Its architecture is purely medieval as evidenced by the...

Château du Retout

History Château du Retout is characterized in history by its mill of the thirteenth century located at its center which is none other than the highest point of the property (17m high). The crisis of phylloxera (nineteenth century), the war...

Château La Tour Carnet

History The history of Château La Tour Carnet dates back to the 12th century. Indeed, this vast vineyard of 132 hectares is undoubtedly one of the oldest domains of the Medoc. Its architecture is purely medieval as evidenced by the tower, surrounded by moats,...

Château Les Grands Chênes

History The first plantation in the history of the Château Les Grands Chênes, named Cru Bourgeois Supérieur, took place in 1880. This property was one of the first acquired by Bernard Magrez in the Médoc vineyards. This castle is often...

Clos Haut-Peyraguey

History Peyraguey whose name historically means hill or promontory, is an old barony acquired in the eighteenth century by the president of the parliament of Bordeaux who was guillotined during the Revolution. It was at this point that Mr. Lafaurie...

Château Pape Clément White

History Château Pape Clément, located in Pessac, near Bordeaux, owes its historical name to its most famous owner: Pope Clement V. It is one of the oldest Grands Crus in Bordeaux. Its vineyard was established in the 13th century and the...

Château Pape Clément (Red)

History Château Pape Clément, located in Pessac, at the gates of Bordeaux, owes its name and its history to its most famous owner: Pope Clement V. It is one of the oldest Grands Crus of Bordeaux. Its vineyard was established...