Haut Médoc Giscours
WHY BUY IT ?
- A wine worked by the teams of Château Giscours, 3rd Grand Cru Classé of Margaux.
- It is elaborated with the same care as the two other labels of the castle.
- A young and dynamic team that has, for the past few years, combined ancestral know-how with the most modern techniques.
- Certification to ISO 9002 standards since 2001: guaranteed guarantee of winemaking.
- The signature of Château Giscours wines
If, in the history, the first document mentions the Giscours Castle in 1330, or rather the noble house of “Guyscoutz”, it is in 1847 that the Count of Pescatore built the remarkable castle which dominates the vineyard. 1855 marks the consecration since the Château Giscours becomes 3rd classified Grand Cru of Margaux. Haut Médoc Giscours has been created in 1992, to express the terroir of 60 hectares of vines planted in the Haut-Médoc appellation, which have always belonged to Ch. Giscours.
At the heart of a beautiful estate of 300 hectares, the 83 hectares of vineyards of Château Giscours are located on the Margaux appellation, in the heart of an exceptional terroir. The 80 hectares in production are made up of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot. A selection of 40 hectares of the 80 in production is used for the development of the second wine. Permanent care is provided to the vine during the seasons and the plot selection is constantly refined thanks to important investments in the vineyard. Once the manual harvest is over, the wine is fermented in concrete vats with epoxy coating and steel. The final wine will age in French oak barrels for 12 months. A racking will be provided every 3 months. In January 2001, the property obtained the certification of its quality system according to the ISO 9002 standards, a guaranteed guarantee of the vinification (arrival of the harvests in the cellar) until the packaging, storage and shipment of the wine intended for the customers.
At the tasting, this wine offers a first taste the unctuousness of the first wine, its freshness and aromas of young fruits. A wine to drink young, but that will reveal its aromatic richness a few years later.
- Managers: ALBADA JELGERSMA Family
- CEO : Alexander VAN BEEK
- General Manager : Jérôme POISSON
- Commercial Director : Laure BASTARD
- Cellar Master : Denis UTEAU
- Œnologist Advisor : Thomas DUCLOS