Wines classified in: Grand Cru Classé de Saint Emilion

Château Bellevue (SEGC)

The history of Château Bellevue takes another turn in 2007, when the Château becomes the property of the Pradel de Lavaux and Boüard de Laforest families. The Château takes its name from its breathtaking view of the Dordogne valley. The...

Château Bellefont-Belcier

Château Bellefont was built at the end of the 18th century by the Count of Belcier. The name Bellefont could come from the “beautiful fountains” that existed around the Castle. Historically, the Château belonged to the Faure family, well known...

Château Quinault l’Enclos

The History of Château Quinault l’Enclos, a property situated in the heart of Libourne next to the Dordogne river, is marked by its acquisition in 2008 by Baron Albert Frere  and Bernard Arnault. Together, they aimed to revitalize the vineyard...

Château La Clotte

The vast estate of Domaine de “De Grailly” has an ancient history, and was managed by Jean-Pierre Mouiex before 1912, when Château La Clotte came into the posession of the Chailleau family. In 1931, talented winegrower Georges Chailleau inherited the...

Château Chauvin

The history of Château Chauvin began in 1852 during the division of the great stronghold of Corbin, giving birth to multiple properties, including Chauvin which was then acquired by Jean Fourcaud-Laussac. The latter, who had just offered what would become...

Château Barde Haut

Château Barde-Haut has been owned by Sylviane Garcin-Cathiard for eighteen years, and also owns Clos l’Eglise in Pomerol, Château Haut-Bergey and Château Branon in Léognan. After its purchase by the vineyards Garcin, the property is totally renovated. Important investments are...

Château Soutard

The history of Château Soutard goes back five centuries. The first reference of Soutard appear in 1513 with the mention of Bourdieu de Mayne de Soutard. Jean Couture, Jurat of Saint-Emilion, buys the estate in 1699 and his daughter Marie...

Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion

The history of Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion dates back to 1584, when Jean De Pontac gave to the Carmelites of Notre-Dame, a water mill surrounded by meadows and vineyards. The Carmelite Fathers will keep the name “Haut-Brion” for 200 years....

Château Berliquet

The history of Château Berliquet is not really new since it is one of the oldest names in the Saint-Emilionnais vineyard. It was already on the maps of Belleyme in 1768. He obtained for the time (1784) a record of...

Château La Dominique

A nice history said that La Dominique comes from a rich merchant owner of the area at the end of the eighteenth century and who would have baptized the property in memory of the island in the Caribbean. Note that...

Château Magrez Fombrauge

The Château Magrez Fombrauge is located on the archaeological site of Niord, dating from the fifth century BC and on a found remains including a skeleton remarkably preserved of more than 2500 years old. This skeleton is exposed to Château...

Château Côte de Baleau

The history of Château Côte de Baleau begins with the Reiffers Family. Indeed, they become owners of this estate after one of their descendants has brilliantly distinguished during the various wars launched by Louis XIV. He thus received the stronghold...