La Sirène de Giscours
WHY BUY IT ?
- The second wine of a 3rd Classified Growth of Margaux
- A strong brand at an extremely consistent price
- A young and dynamic team that has, for the past few years, combined ancestral know-how with the most modern techniques.
- The precision of the teams and the attention given to the vine always give a very satisfactory result
- A permanent commitment to progress in the production of Château Giscours wines.
The history of the castle goes back to a document mentioning the existence of the property from 1330, or rather the noble house of “Guyscoutz”. In 1847 the Count of Pescatore laid the first stone of the remarkable castle overlooking the vineyard. The year 1855 marks the consecration: Château Giscours becomes 3rd Grand Cru classified Margaux. The Sirène de Giscours is the second wine of the castle.
The exceptional terroir of Château Giscours blooms on 83 hectares of vines, in the heart of a beautiful Margaux appellation. The grape variety consists of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot. Permanent care is provided to the vine during the seasons and the plot selection is constantly refined thanks to important investments in the vineyard. The Sirène de Giscours comes from a blend of grapes from young vines. Winemaking and aging enjoy the same attention as the Grand Vin, Château Giscours.
At the tasting, la Siréne de Giscours offers the same elegance as the first wine, a supple and fruity wine that can be drunk younger than its elder.
- Managers: ALBADA JELGERSMA Family
- CEO: Alexander VAN BEEK
- General Manager: Jérôme POISSON
- Commercial Director: Laure BASTARD
- Cellar Master: Denis UTEAU
- Oenologist Advisor: Thomas DUCLOS