Le G d’Estournel
"Etheral, Delectable, Generous"
WHY BUY IT ?
- A wine developed by the team of Cos d’Estournel, with the same passion and the same requirement as for the Grand Vin.
- A powerful commercial structure to support you in your sales (Brand Ambassador of Cos d’Estournel, etc …) and a controlled distribution.
- An exceptional Médoc revealing a strong character and an extreme pleasure with the knowledge of Cos d’Estournel
- A wine of immediate pleasure, with fresh, suave and fruity style.
- A unique bottle shape and elegant packaging in a wooden case of 6 flat bottles.
- Bordeaux Tradition is a true partner of Château Cos d’Estournel
The history of G d’Estournel began in the 2000s when the Château Cos d’Estournel acquired this fabulous terroir of Northern Médoc. This wine was previously known as Goulée du Ch. d’Estournel. It is with the 2004 vintage that the new wine produced by the Cos d’Estournel team wass born, and it changed of identity with the 2020 vintage.
The vineyard of Goulée is located in th North of Médoc and extends on a hill of graves, facing the estuary of the Gironde. Goulée, which was once an island surrounded by the waters of the estuary, benefits from a soil of deep gravel worthy of the best Grands Crus and is vinified as such by the team of Cos d’Estournel. The average planting density of 5700 vines per hectare goes hand in hand with high trellising to reach an optimal photosynthesis. As with all major Médoc terroirs, Goulée vines are worked and harvested by hand.
The vineyard of Goulée enjoys an extraordinary temperate climate where the two great grape varieties of the Médoc, Cabernet Sauvignon (80%) and Merlot (20%) grow in the best conditions. It is this climate specificity that gives the wine of Goulée a fruity character which is reminding us of the style of the New World wines.
When tasting, Goulée by Cos d’Estournel presents itself as a seductive and very gourmet wine. This beautiful match of the Merlot dominating the blend with the soil and the climate brings to the wine its sweet and charming style, fruity yet clean.
- Owner: Michel REYBIER
- Sales Director: Charles THOMAS
- Technical Director: Dominique ARANGOITS
- Head of Culture: Michel SEMENTERY
- Cellar Master: Dominique CASTAING
- Business Developer: Etienne DE NANTES (US Market), Alexis THIERRAZ (Chinese Market), Marine TARANSAUD (Markets France & Europe)