WHY BUY IT ?
- 3rd Classified Growth of Margaux
- A strong brand at a perfectly consistent price
- A young and dynamic team that has, for the past few years, combined ancestral know-how with the most modern techniques.
- The precision of the teams and the attention given to the vineyard has always a very satisfactory result
- A permanent commitment to progress in the production of Château Giscours wines.
- Certification to ISO 9002 standards since 2001: Guaranteed guarantee of winemaking
- A wine always very well rated by the International Press
The history of Château Giscours goes back to a document mentioning the existence of the property from 1330, or rather the noble house of “Guyscoutz”. It was in 1847 that the Count of Pescatore built the remarkable Castle which dominates the vineyard. The year 1855 marks the consecration: Château Giscours becomes 3rd Grand Cru Classé de Margaux.
The exceptional terroir of Château Giscours blooms on 83 hectares of vines, in the heart of a beautiful Margaux appellation. The grape variety consists of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot. Permanent care is provided to the vine during the seasons and the plot selection is constantly refined thanks to important investments in the vineyard. Raised in oak barrels of high quality, the wine acquires over the months its complexity.
At the tasting, the Château Giscours offers all the classicism of a great Margaux: finesse of tannins, purity, soft and refined elegance, great roundness in the mouth.
- Managers: ALBADA JELGERSMA Family
- CEO : Alexander VAN BEEK
- General Manager : Lorenzo PASQUINI
- Commercial director : Laure BASTARD
- Cellar Master : Denis UTEAU
- Œnologist Advisor : Laboratoires DUBOURDIEU