Château Canon La Gaffelière
WHY BUY IT ?
- Know-How of Stephan Von Neipperg, also the owner of the prestigious crus Ch. La Mondotte, Clos de L’Oratoire et Ch. d’Aiguilhe.
- The management of the vineyard aims at the intensification of the ecosystem.
- The wines are reflecting the terroir at its best
- Renowned oenologist: Stephane DERENONCOURT
- Organic certified sinc 2014
- Canon La Gaffelière is always a hit once in bottle
- The label highlights the Von Neipperg’s signature
The history sanctioned Château Canon La Gaffeliére as one of the most famous Saint-Emilion wines. In 1971, the Earl Joseph-Hubert Von Neipperg, loyal to eight centuries of viticultural traditions in the family, acquired this property, the administration of which will be given in 1985 to his son Stephan. During a few years, heavy investments combined with a perfect knowledge of the Saint-Emilion soil led to the rebirth of Château Canon La Gaffelière. In 2014, the estate is certified in Organic Agriculture, which match their environmental idea.
Terroir & Vinification
Thanks to the terroir specificity, the almost perfect balance of the grapes planted makes this wine very special. It is composed of 55% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, while the average Saint-Emilion is more around 70% Merlot. Also, the aging process is made on fine lees to express better the true quality of the wine. Wines are elaborated in an ultra-modern cellar within oak barrels. The overall wine-making process makes a generous and elegant cru that age really well. The vineyard is managed in the respect of the environment and that is how Château Canon La Gaffelière has been certified organic by FR-BIO-10.
When tasting, Château Canon La Gaffelière offers a strong wine, very well structured, complex, pure and always elegant.
- Owner: Comtes VON NEIPPERG
- Technical Manager: Comte Stephan VON NEIPPERG
Other wines of the property
Clos de l’Oratoire
Unlike the rumor says, the history of the plots acquisition of Clos l’Oratoire was not settle in 1991 but in 1971 (at the same time as the four first vineyards located at Saint-Emilion). During the second revision of the classification...Wine details
History The ruins of the Château d’Ailguilhe witness the long history of Castillon. as a matter of fact, the oral tradition states the existence of a gallo-romain villa on the site of Aiguilhe. The actual estate was actually built during...Wine details