Clos Marsalette (White)
"If the vines are still very young in the Pessac-Léognan, this wine, balanced and round, is harmonious and generous, great value for restaurants"
WHY BUY IT ?
- A Pessac Léognan which benefits from all the know-how of Stephan Von Neipperg (Canon La Gaffelière, La Mondotte, Clos de l’Oratoire, Château Soleil et Château Croix du Rival)
- A future hit of the appelation
- A great value for the Pessac-Léognan appellation
- Property watched by Stephane Derenoncourt
- A label that directly reminds you The Von Neipperg signature
The history of Clos Marsalette, shared property between Stephan Von Neipperg and Didier Miqueu, dates back to 1992. Yet, it is only in 2002 that the owners started to focus on this wine and invested in new equipment adapted to making this wine.
The terroir of Clos Marsalette is located in Martillac in the Pessac Léognan designation. The vineyard is divided into 5.46 hectares used for the production of the red wines and 0.80 hectares for the production of the white wines. The grapes variety proportion is 50% Sauvignon Blanc and 50% Sémillion. The average age of the vineyard is 16 years old, which makes it a very young vineyard. The vine stocks are not very productive and the cut of the vine is controlled. The green harvest allows a natural control of the yields. The harvest is done manually and is sorted in the vineyard and in the cellar. The vinification is traditional and handled in little thermo-regulated wooden and concrete tanks then aged 8 months in barrels, 50% of which are made of new wood.
When tasting, Clos Marsalette White offers freshness and elegance.
- Owners: Stéphan Von Neipperg et Didier Miqueu
- Manager : Patrick HONNEF
- Cellar Manager : Yannick DAROUY
- Technical Manager : Gaëlle BARBEREAU