WHY BUY IT ?
- Wine of the Garcin-Levêque family (Haut Bergey, Clos l’Eglise, Barde Haut, Bodega Poesia)
- Sustainable viticulture
- Cutting edge vinification technics
- Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classé, neighbour of château Valandraud
- Great scores in the Press
The history of Château Poesia is marked by its acquisition by Hélène Garcin and Patrice Leveque in 2014. Previously Château Poesia was known as Château Haut Villet. His name “Poesia” comes from the other estates – located in Argentina – owned by the family. Hélène Garcin and her team, also owners of Château Haut Barde and Clos L’église, renovated the property, the winery and the Château. Everything is done to make Château Poesia a must-see in Saint-Emilion.
The terroir of Château Poesia is located in the highlands of Saint-Emilion. Its soil is clay-limestone. Its vineyards stretch over 13 hectares and its grape variety is composed of 70% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc. The work in the vineyard is carried out with vinification techniques described as sustainable. Vinification is now done in small stainless steel thermoregulated vats.
Château Poesia reveals a garnet-red and silky dress when tasting. On the palate, the black fruit aromas give way to an intense and deep finish, typical of Saint-Emilion Grands Crus.
- Propriétaire: Famille Garcin
- Directeur technique: Thomas Duclos