Château Tour de Pez
WHY BUY IT ?
- Property of Bouchara family since 1989
- Member of the Alliance des Bourgeois
- Regular efforts undertaken in the vineyard to increase quality of the wine vintage after vintage
- Consultant oenologist is Eric BOISSENOT, the specialist of the Medoc
- The cultivation is in respect of the the environment, leaves thinning and great harvesting
- Removal of herbicides in a short or long term period as an ecological purpose
- Reconstruction of the entire vats cellar for a better plot management
History reports that it was in 1931 that Château Tour de Pez took its current name, with reference to the 13th century Château tower. Château Tour de Pez was bought by the Bouchara family in 1989, who made large investments in the vineyard, the winery and in the technical facilities. These investments allow Château Tour de Pez to integrate the ranking of the Bourgeois Crus Bourgeois since 2008, which attests to the quality and regularity of this Château’s wines.
Château Tour de Pez vineyard extends over 30 hectares, on both gravelly soils and clay-limestone soils. The vines are harvested manually. The grape variety is composed of 10% Cabernet Franc, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot. The vinification is done in thermoregulated stainless steel vats while the aging of the wine is done in new barrels which are new at 40%.
The know-how of Philippe Bouchara and his team is found when tasting Château Tour de Pez, thanks to the structure of its wine and its great depth, revealing its terroir. You will appreciate the flexibility but also the creamy mouth and tannins coated with this wine.
- Owner: Famille Bouchara
- Manager: Franck Duprat