Grand vin de Léoville du Marquis de Las Cases
WHY BUY IT ?
- 2nd Grand Cru Classé Saint-Julien qualified of “Super Second”
- Vineyard adjoining Château Latour in Pauillac, exceptional terroir
- Since 1901, the Delon family has been unceasingly seeking uncompromising and uncompromising consistency in the quality and purity of its wines.
- Léoville Las Cases (55 ha) is undoubtedly one of the greatest terroirs of Bordeaux, ideal for the blossoming of Cabernets whose average age is 52 years old.
The history of the Domaine de Léoville dates back to 1604, when the Domaine de Léoville, facing the Gironde, was at the time one of the most important properties of the Medoc. The vineyard was owned by the wealthiest and most influential French noble families in the region. After the Revolution, the estate of Léoville was divided into several parcels. Château Léoville Las Cases is born as a result of this reshuffle. For decades, Château Léoville Las Cases is run by the same family. Today, Jean-Hubert Delon, sole owner, is the representative of the family tradition. The Delon Family also owns Clos du Marquis, Château Nénin and Château Potensac.
Terroir & Vinification
Classified Second Grand Cru in 1855, the vineyard includes 97 Ha of vines. The gateway, emblem of the property, opens onto a 55-hectare enclosed wall surrounded by a stone wall delimiting its terroir extending from the village of Saint Julien to Château Latour. The grape varieties on the estate are 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot and 16% Cabernet Franc. Also, his exceptional terroir benefits from attentive, rigorous and demanding care, in the vineyard as well as in the cellar, to obtain in each vintage the best possible expression of the philosophy of the wine: character of the soil, aptitude for ageing and to assert oneself in time. The wine stays for 18 to 20 months in oak barrels on average 90% new.
At the tasting, Le Grand Vin de Léoville Las Cases reveals an almost incomparable depth and aromatic richness. Its length in the mouth, its aging potential prove that this wine is raised in the high categories of wines of the region. A really exceptional wine.
- Owner: DELON Family
- Manager: Jean-Hubert DELON
- Chief Executive Officer: Pierre GRAFFEUILLE
- Technical Director: Michael GEORGES
- Business Developers: Florent GENTY