La Fleur de Boüard
WHY BUY IT ?
- The know-how of Boüard’s family coupled with high technologies for an irreproachable work
- Same owner and oenologist as Château Angélus: Hubert de Boüard de Laforest and his children
- A wine regularly very well rated by the greatest international journalists
- Leader of his appellation
- Grape variety: 85% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon
The history of Château La Fleur de Boüard begins in 1998 when Hubert de Boüard de Laforest becomes the owner of this vineyard. With his children Coralie and Matthieu and his technical director Philippe Nunes, Hubert de Boüard de Laforest puts all his know-how, his passion and his technique at the service of an innovative and respectful of the environment process. Children of Saint-Emilion, where they grew up in the family vineyards of Angélus, the family of Boüard is convinced that the vineyards of Lalande-de-Pomerol have all the qualities necessary for the development of great wines. Born from a real family ambition, the wines of Château La Fleur de Boüard are incredibly refined.
The terroir of Château La Fleur de Boüard is close to the confluence of the Dordogne and Isle, allowing it to enjoy the benefits of a sunny climate, both hot and humid. The name of the domain “La Fleur” comes even from the early hatching of the flower of vine, singularity of the region. The great diversity of the soils of Château La Fleur de Boüard’s vineyard, made up of clays, gravel and sand, gives this terroir a generous nature favorable to the grape variety of the estate which is 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc , 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. The winery, unique in the world and designed by the architect Arnaud Boulain, houses 28 truncated tanks invested, which seem to float in the air. This gravity system allows the smoothest extraction possible. The wine is aged in oak from 19 to 24 months, to 75% in new oak barrels.
At the tasting, Château La Fleur de Boüard offers a wine with notes of red fruits with a beautiful aromatic persistence. It is a deep and harmonious wine, cut for beautiful guard.
- Owner : Famille de Boüard
- Manager : Hubert, Coralie et Matthieu de Boüard
- Technical Director : Philippe Nunes