Château Clos de Boüard
WHY BUY IT ?
- A true family saga: after Ch. La Fleur de Boüard, Coralie de Boüard and her husband embark on a new adventure!
- A favorite Bordeaux Tradition
- The know-how of the de Boüard’s family (Ch. Angelus, Ch. La Fleur de Boüard).
- Very nice scores from the International Press
- Next to Grands Crus Classés: Fombrauge Castles, Laroque, Rocheyron, Labrie Cross, Château Louis, Fleur Cardinale, Valandraud and Troplong Mondot.
- First vintages: a story to write
- A beautiful dress full of charms and secrets
Château Clos de Boüard is above all a family history. The De Boüard family is known for its excellent mastery of winemaking processes: Hubert de Boüard de Laforest and Jean-Bernard Grenier are considered as the “re-creators” of Château Angélus. Indeed, they have worked all their lives to make Château Angélus what it is today: a world famous domain, full of culture and history whose reputation is worldwide. It was then that Coralie de Boüard, the daughter of Hubert de Boüard, born on the grounds of Angelus, grew up, and then spent ten years working alongside her father in this famous castle. Then, in order to fulfill a personal wish, Coralie de Boüard and her husband bought the Tour Musset in Castel, a Montagne Saint-Emilion, which she renamed by name, in order to perpetuate the name and transmit the quality and reputation to his new project.
The terroir of Château Clos de Boüard, located in Saint-Emilion, near the Château Fombrauge, Fleur Cardinale, Valandraud, and Troplong Mondot, enjoys a very good geographical location. In addition, it has many assets: vines older than 35 years, very good soil, and a perfect exposure. The single estate is planted on 19, 62 ha of Merlot, 2.59 ha of Cabernet Sauvignon and 7.34 ha of Cabernet Franc. The vineyard consists of 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Coralie de Boüard does not hide her intentions: to make something big. She wants to give Château Clos de Boüard all the know-how and techniques acquired from her father, Hubert de Boüard. All conditions are there to ensure a very promising future that allows us already to say that the Château Clos de Boüard has a bright future ahead of him.
At the tasting, the Château Clos de Boüard offers a dense wine with a beautiful depth.
- Owners: Coralie de Boüard
- Manager: Coralie de Boüard