La Dame de Boüard
WHY BUY IT ?
- A true family saga: after Ch. La Fleur de Boüard, Coralie de Boüard and her husband goes on a new adventure!
- A favorite Bordeaux Tradition
- The know-how of Boüard’s family (Ch. Angelus, Ch. La Fleur de Boüard).
- Very nice scores from the international press for this first vintage.
- An estate in one piece planted on 19,62 ha of Merlot, 2,59 ha of Cabernet Sauvignon and 7,34 ha of Cabernet Franc
- Property next to Grands Crus Classés: Fombrauge, Laroque, Rocheyron, Labrie Cross, Château Louis, Fleur Cardinale, Valandraud and Troplong Mondot castles.
- First vintage: a story to write
- A beautiful dress full of charms and secrets
Château Clos de Boüard is above all a family history. The De Boüard family is known for its excellent mastery of winemaking processes: Hubert de Boüard de Laforest and Jean-Bernard Grenier are considered as the “re-creators” of Château Angélus. Indeed, they have worked throughout their lives to make Château Angélus what it is today: a world famous domain, full of culture and history whose reputation is second to none. It was then that Coralie de Boüard, the daughter of Hubert de Boüard, born on the grounds of Angelus, grew up, and then spent ten years working alongside her father in this famous castle. Then, in order to fulfill a personal wish, Coralie de Boüard and her husband bought the Tour Musset in Castel, a Montagne Saint-Emilion, which she renamed by name, in order to perpetuate the “claw” and transmit the quality and reputation to his new project. La Dame de Boüard is the second wine of the property.
The terroir of Château Clos de Boüard, located in Saint-Emilion, near the Château Fombrauge, Fleur Cardinale, Valandraud, and Troplong Mondot, enjoys a very good geographical location. In addition, it has many assets: vines older than 35 years, very good soil, and a perfect exposure. The single estate is planted on 19, 62 ha of Merlot, 2.59 ha of Cabernet Sauvignon and 7.34 ha of Cabernet Franc. The vineyard consists of 85% Merot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Coralie de Boüard does not hide her intentions: to make something big. She wants to give Château Clos de Boüard all the know-how and techniques acquired from her father, Hubert de Boüard. All conditions are there to ensure a very promising future that allows us already to say that the Château Clos de Boüard has a bright future ahead of him.
At the tasting, La Dame de Boüard offers a wine all freshness and elegance.
L’équipe du Château
- Owner : Coralie de Boüard
- Manager : Coralie de Boüard
Other wines of the property
Château Clos de Boüard
Château Clos de Boüard is above all a family history. The De Boüard family is known for its excellent mastery of winemaking processes: Hubert de Boüard de Laforest and Jean-Bernard Grenier are considered as the “re-creators” of Château Angélus. Indeed,...Wine details