Château La Conseillante
WHY BUY IT ?
- One of the most beautiful brands of Pomerol, with an international reputation
- A vineyard made up of old vines with limited yields, but allowing the terroir to express itself fully
- The winery was completely renovated in 2012 offering a powerful tool
- A team led by former Petit Village winemaker Marielle Cazaux
- Property of the Nicolas family who has the ambition to position the Ch. La Conseillante as one of the greatest wines of Bordeaux
The history of La Conseillante begins in the mid-eighteenth century. It was bequeathed by an influential person who ran the property almost 300 years ago: Catherine Conseillan. It is in 1871 that the Nicolas Family buys the domain, whose extent and parcel are unchanged since. Currently, it is the fifth generation of Nicolas who manages the château, marking the continuity and the attachment of the family to a great wine.
Terroir & Vinification
The parcellaire constituting the 12 hectares of the vineyard, unchanged since 1871, allows Château La Conseillante to perpetuate its exception. Permanent attention and appropriate care are provided to the vine culture. Fertilization tends to compensate for deficiencies rather than to enrich the soil. But the major asset lies especially in the high average age of the vineyard, which confers a limited production. Merlot, supple and round, which covers 80% of the property, is the earliest. Then comes the Cabernet Franc, for 20% of the grape varieties planted. The Château La Conseillante has equipped itself with a grape reception dock which is one of the most successful in the region, four sorting tables, so as to make a rigorous selection of the grapes. Parcel management is respected at every stage of the winemaking process.
At the tasting, we discover a wine that has truly climbed to the top of the Pomerol thanks to its density and aromatic richness (wood, leather, spices ..) with an impressive length in the mouth.
- Owners: Heirs Louis NICOLAS
- Co-managers: PhD Bertrand NICOLAS and Jean-Valmy NICOLAS
- General Manager: Marielle CAZAUX
- Oenologist: Michel ROLLAND