La Dame de Montrose
WHY BUY IT ?
- The wines of Ch. Montrose perpetuate the tradition of power and density characteristic of the “classic” style of the great Saint-Estèphe
- Dame de Montrose is often called “The first lady”, in reference to its elegance and refinement
- One of the most beautiful brands of Médoc
- Excellent scores every year, confirming the extreme quality consistency of this wine
Château Montrose appears in history during the 19th century thanks to Théodore Dumoulin. Château Montrose takes its name from the color of the heather that once covered the domain , whose pretty colour of wine lees is well known. This “young” estate is just a few years old in the 1855 classification and benefits from the most beautiful vineyard of the appellation. After the death of Théodore Dumoulin, the estate is sold and acquired by Mr. Dollfus. Nothing is too good for the Château Montrose, this visionary modifies the Castle, builds outbuildings, increases the technical potential. The castle looks like a real little village. At the end of the 19th century, the property joined the Charmolue family for more than 3 generations.
In 2006, the Château was bought by Martin and Olivier Bouygues. The Bouygues brothers launched a vast renovation program for the site with environmental objectives. La Dame de Montrose is the second wine of this great Château of Saint-Estèphe.
Terroir & Vinification
In this vineyard, the same care is given to the second wine, always in the great concern to respect the raw material. Indeed, the work of the vineyard is respectful of the environment and the harvest is entirely conducted manually. Alcoholic fermentations take place in stainless steel tanks, and last about twenty days. Several pumping over are done daily, in order to help the exchange of seeds / juice. The wine gains its personality from the blend.
At the tasting, this second wine delivers a freshness and an impressive aromatic richness, with aromas of pronounced red fruits.
- Owners: Olivier and Martin BOUYGUES
- President: Mélissa BOUYGUES
- Manager: Hervé BERLAND
- Sales Director: Lorraine WATRIN
- Head of Culture: Patricia TEYNAC
- Cellar Master: Vincent DECUP
- Communication Director: Hélène BROCHET
Other wines of the property
History Château Montrose appears in history during the 19th century thanks to Théodore Dumoulin. Château Montrose takes its name from the color of the heather that once covered the domain , whose pretty colour of wine lees is well known....Wine details