Château Yon Figeac
WHY BUY IT ?
- Saint Emilion Grand Cru Classé
- A very interesting price from Saint-Emilion
- The estate has a vat equipped with thermo-regulated stainless steel vats that maintain the ideal temperature during vinification.
- An air-conditioned and humidified winery offers oak barrels a place to rest and give the wine its balance
- Château Yon Figeac always produces fairly classic wines that will age very well
- A very promising name
The history of Château Yon Figeac begins in 2005 when the vineyards Alain Château are formed through the meeting of this property with three others in the Loire Valley, in the heart of prestigious appellations. Since then, Alain Château, transmits his passion for wine and the emotions that it makes discover. Located in the heart of the Saint-Emilion appellation, Château Yon-Figeac is one of those who participate in its reputation.
With its 24 hectares in one piece, the terroir of the property has a nice homogeneity and a privileged location. Co-planted with 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, this Grand Cru Classé first draws its personality from the quality of soils: clay-limestone north of the estate and gravel-siliceous to the south, then in a microclimate reinforced by the presence of a pond. Permanent remediation and regeneration works, soil hydrometry regulation create optimal conditions and contribute to the development of the vineyard. The average age of the vines depends on the parcels but is on average 25 to 35 years old. The vineyard is the object of attentive care whose priority objective is to obtain the right maturity of the grapes which, afterwards, will express all the typicity of the Saint-Emilion. In the harvest, only grapes that have reached maturity are selected for the next stage: 6 weeks of fermentation followed by a long maceration period. Then the aging is done for 16 to 18 months in barrels of which 40% new wood.
At the tasting, Château Yon Figeac offers a wine with a rather rare length in the mouth and with the most surprising aromas.
- Owner: Vignobles Alain CHATEAU
- Manager: Alain CHATEAU