WHY BUY IT ?
- This wine knows a renaissance thanks to the unique personality of this vineyard
Neighbor of Ch. Giscours
- High percentage of Petit Verdot
- The highest rating of Haut-Médoc by the Wine Spectator for the 2016 vintage
- A vineyard managed in a reasoned culture
- Impressive concentration and distinction, hailed by critics
- Winner of the Crus Bourgeois Cup for its 2013 vintage demonstrating its high quality
- A conical bottle, symbol of a Grand Cru Classé
- A technical team at the forefront: Christophe Coupez (Ch. Retout) as consultant oenologist and Vincent Bache-Gabrielsen (Ch. Pédesclaux & Ch. Lilian Ladouys) as a consultant.
Acquired by Vincent Mulliez in 2004, Château Belle-Vue comes from an exceptional terroir whose history merges with that of Bordeaux wines. Yesterday the seat of an active fleet, the Château is now famous for its vineyards. Highly reputed since the nineteenth century, this area has won great awards: a Gold Medal in Amsterdam in 1895, Silver in Brussels in 1897, Paris in 1900 and Bordeaux in 1907. The latest vintages were also regularly distinguished in the competitions and by the International Press. Since the untimely death of Vincent Mulliez in 2010, his wife Isabelle took over the management of the property, pursuing with determination the work initiated by her husband. This rigorous and enterprising man had managed in a few years to impose his 3 properties, Belle-Vue, Gironville and Bolaire among the best values ??of the Medoc.
The vineyard is made up of 14.6 hectares, of which the grape varieties are 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot and 20% Petit Verdot. It is very unusual to find as many Petit Verdot in the composition of a wine, which makes it unique. The average age of the vines is 30 years old and the oldest were planted in 1907. Renewing with a tradition of quality, Château Belle-Vue enjoys the most attentive and enlightened care in terms of viticulture, winemaking and aging , in a spirit of excellence and in search of perfection. The control of the yields, a reasoned culture, the qualitative choice of the analysis of the maturation of the berries by tasting, the load shedding in vinification and the breeding in barrels selected conjugate rigor and efficiency to create a delectable wine.
At tasting, a true classic beauty of the Bordeaux universe, Château Belle-Vue combines power and length, seduction and elegance.
- Owner: MULLIEZ family
- Manager: Isabelle MULLIEZ
- Director of Operations: Jean-Michel MARLE
- Sales Manager: Isabelle PASCUAL
Other wines of the property
Acquired by Vincent Mulliez in 2004, along with the Châteaux Belle-Vue and Gironville, Château Belle-Vue comes from an exceptional terroir whose history merges with that of Bordeaux wines. Since the untimely death of Vincent Mulliez in 2010, his wife Isabelle...Wine details