"A GREAT WINE IS A TERROIR WITH THE PERSON TO REVEAL IT, TO MAKE THE VERY BEST OF IT AND PASS IT ON"
WHY BUY IT ?
- Premier Grand Cru Classé « A »
- Pprecision, purity, balance
- Stéphanie De Bouard-Rivoral gave a new drive to this 1st GCC A
- The estate provide a real support for your distribution
- The fantastic brand image of Angélus
- The Cabernet Franc signature
- A true familial story with a real legacy
- A real partner for Bordeaux Tradition
- Even James Bond is part of the adventure !!
- RFID chip for better traceability
This history of Château Angélus is a family history. The estate is located at less than a miles of the renown church tower of Saint-Emilion in the heart of a amphitheater. The owners of the estate have been the Boüard de Laforest family for 8 generations. In 1996 Château Angélus became Premier Cru Classé de Saint-Emilion and is now renown worldwide. Its recent promotion as Premier Grand Cru Classé “A”, the elite, will only confirm this fame. Today, personified by Stéphanie de Boüard-Rivoal, this new direction brought Ch. Angelus to the next level.
The vineyard is 42 Ha including 27 hectares of 1er “A” and composed of 50% Merlot, 47% Cabernet Franc and 3% Cabernet Sauvignon. The soils are clay-limestone and clay-sandy-limestone. In the vineyards such as in the cellar traditional practices are respected. Not only the progress of the techniques increases each year insuring a high quality wine each vintage. The terroir and the typicity of the wines are two important aspects to Château Angélus: cover crops, organic and adapted manures, reflexion on the sustainable viticulture, shortage tables, thermo-regulation of the tanks, etc…
Recognized all over the world as one of Bordeaux’s jewels, Château Angélus reflects the dedication of a family and a team focused on excellence, to exalt the essence of a terroir. The signature Angelus is the marriage of a fantastic grape varieties with an exceptional soil. It is this unique character that we like to find over the years: richness, density, unctuousness, elegance, race, purity and freshness.
At the tasting, Château Angélus offering an extreme deep color. a unique profile without betraying the style of the property and its Cabernet Franc signature.
- Owner: de Boüard de Laforest family
- Chief Executive Officer: Stéphanie de Boüard-Rivoal
- Deputy Managing Director: to be communicated soon
- Head of Wine / Research & Development: Benjamin Laforêt
- Vineyard Manager: François Lezian
- Brand Ambassadors: Asia: Bong Grelat-Tram; US: Victoire Touton; Europe: Anna Tkachenko-Marie