Le Carillon de l’Angélus
"Un grand vin c’est un terroir et l’homme pour le révéler, le sublimer, le transmettre..."
WHY BUY IT ?
- 2nd label of Grand Cru Classé “A” de Saint-Emilion Grand Cru
- Stéphanie & Thierry gave a new drive to this 1st GCC A
- Probably the best Carillon we’ve ever tasted in vintage 2016
- The estate provide a real support for your distribution
- The fantastic brand image of Angélus
- The Cabernet Franc signature
- A true familial story with a real legacy
- A real partner for Bordeaux Tradition
- Even James Bond is part of the adventure !!
- RFID chip for better traceability
The history of Château Angélus is a familial History . The estate is located at less than a mile of the renowned church tower of Saint-Emilion in the heart of an amphitheatre. TThe de Boûard de Laforest Family owns the estate for 8 generations. Already an icon Château Angélus became Premier Grand Cru Classé de Saint-Emilion in 1996. Its recent promotion as Premier Grand Cru Classé “A”, the elite, confirmed its fame and its unique status. Today, personified by Stéphanie de Boüard-Rivoal and her cousin Thierry Grenié, the new direction brought Ch. Angelus to the next level.
Located on a clay-limestone and clay-sandy-limestone soils, the 42 ha including 27 hectares of 1st “A” vineyard is composed by 50% Merlot, 47% Cabernet Franc and 3% Cabernet Sauvignon. In both vineyard and cellar traditional practices are respected. The technical progress is not the sole parameter insuring a high quality wine vintage after vintage. The terroir, the respect of the vines and the typicity of the wines are key aspects to Château Angélus and many tools are used to achieve a perfect balance between power & elegance : organic compost, sustainable approach of the viticulture, optical sorting table, thermo-regulation of the vats, etc… Le Carillon de l’Angélus is the second label of Château Angélus. The first vintage of Carillon was bottled in 1987. Today this second label represents 20% of the estate’s production. The vines benefit of from the same treatment as the vines dedicated for Château Angélus (leaves thinned out, green harvest…)
At the tasting, nose of Carillon de l’Angélus offering black fruits aromas. The mouth is elegant, rafined, smooth with spicy notes and freshness.
- Owner: Famille DE BOUARD DE LAFOREST
- General Director : Stéphanie DE BOUARD-RIVOAL
- CEO : Jean-Bernard GRENIE
- Oenologist: Emmanuelle d’ALIGNY-FULCHI
- Cellar Manager : Didier VALLADE
- Brands Amassadeurs : Asia : Bong GRELAT TRAM; USA : Victoire TOUTON; East Europe: Anna TKACHENKO-MARIE