"Aile d'Argent... Two unusual words, from the depths of time, links between the past and the present, between my father Baron Philippe de Rothschild and me. When I was a little girl, my father had indeed imagined for me a tale, whose heroine was a magical teapot. His adventures enchanted me and rocked my childhood. This teapot was called Aile d'Argent. -
POURQUOI L'ACHETER ?
- Limited production, a rare wine
- The dry white wine of Ch. Mouton Rothschild
- The know-how of the Château Mouton Rothschild team, Premier Grand Cru Classé from 1855
- Recognition of the international press every year
Aile d’Argent is a Château Mouton Rothschild wine and was born thanks to a beautiful history. Indeed, wanting to reconnect with an old Medocan tradition, Philippine de Rothschild decided to plant on its soil, in the early 1980s, a few hectares of white grape vines. Initially, it was Filipino’s father, Baron Philippe de Rothschild, who loved to tell a tale he had imagined for his daughter, whose heroine was a magical teapot. When the war took place, the Baron was imprisoned, and it was during those years that he wrote this tale, which he called Aile d’Argent la Magique.
Its sandy-gravelly terroir is planted with Sauvignon Blanc (53%), Sémillon (35%), Sauvignon Gris (11%) and Muscadelle (1%), with a density of 9000 feet per hectare. The wine is raised for 50% in new oak barriques.
For the tasting, Aile d’Argent is at once rich, complex and elegant. Although produced in very small quantities, it has become in a few years a reference for lovers of large dry white Bordeaux.
- Owner: Camille and Philippe Sereys de Rothschild and Julien de Beaumarchais de Rothschild
- Chief Executive Officer: Philippe DHALLUIN
- Commercial Director: Hervé GOUIN