WHY BUY IT ?
- One of the best Dry White from Bordeaux coming from the legendary Premier Cru Supérieur, Château d’Yquem
- The transmission from generation to generation of unrivalled know-how, the high standards and quality at all times make Yquem wines with a delicate sensation and complex harmony.
- Y: a rare wine produced in only 10,000 bottles per vintage. It comes from the same exceptional terroirs and the same vines as Château d’Yquem.
- Y: a strong brand that is one of the greatest dry white wines in the world!
For more than 35 years, Count A. de Lur-Saluces perpetuated the family history at the head of the Château d’Yquem with one philosophy: to offer without concession any, an optimal quality, for each vintage signed. By his action, he brought to the zenith the fame of this great wine. Château d’Yquem remains the largest of the greatest sweet wines of Bordeaux. In May 2004, Pierre Lurton was entrusted with the management of the estate by LVMH, the main shareholder of Château d’Yquem since 1999. From a large line of Bordeaux winegrowers Pierre Lurton, this viticulture enthusiast, who presides over the destinies of Château Cheval Blanc and Cheval des Andes in Argentina, has all the qualities to pursue the legend of Yquem in the respect of tradition and openness to modernity.
The land of Château d’Yquem is composed of 113 hectares where only a hundred hectares is exploited. The rest is left fallow after the uprooting of old vines and replanted with new vines to ensure the quality and excellence of the wine. The vineyard is planted with 80% Sémillon and 20% Sauvignon Blanc. Since 1959, the Château d’Yquem also produces a dry white wine “Y” (pronounced “Ygrec”), which is also subject to the same criteria of requirement. Only 33 vintages have left the Château for almost 60 years. Confidential production of about 10,000 bottles, this Bordeaux Blanc Sec is still one of the most wonderful in the region.
At the tasting, the Yquem Y, the other exception of Yquem, reflects the potential of the grapes of the Yquem domain. It is a wine of remarkable balance. The richness and the aromas of this wine, associated with its subtle sweetness recall its filiation and offers its character so special.
- Propriétaire: Groupe LVMH
- Gérant du domaine : Pierre LURTON
- Maître de chai : Sandrine GARBAY
- Directeur d’exploitation : Francis MAYEUR