Château Pichon Baron
"This very beautiful second growth vintage has produced a series of really stunning wines and it stands at the top of the Médoc hierarchy "
WHY BUY IT ?
- Of a constantly increasing quality, Pichon-Baron always offers exceptional wines
- Outstanding terroir identical to the one of its neighbor (Premier Grand Cru Classé), Château Latour
- Renowned by his consulting oenologist: Éric Boissenot
- Renovation of the castle and technical facilities that allow today to develop this great wine of very high quality
- Excellent ratings over the last 10 years with ratings very rarely below 90 by the international press
The history of the Château dates back to 1694, when Jacques de Pichon Baron de Longueville married the daughter of Pierre De Rauzan, the creator of the estate. Their descendants will remain very attached to their property of Pauillac, and it is Raoul de Pichon-Longueville who, in 1851, built the current castle. Classified 2nd growth in 1855, the vineyard of Pichon-Longueville adjoins with Château Latour.
This vineyard extends on a beautiful terroir in the south of Pauillac. Half of the estate benefits from a land identical to the one of the famous premier cru Château Latour, the rest of the estate being made up of high quality parcels. The grape variety is 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot. Eric Boissenot, specialist in Médoc wines, is the consulting oenologist of Château Pichon Longueville Baron. In 1988, after an architectural competition, the castle and the wine-making facilities were completely renovated. Spectacular technical installations allow today to elaborate the wine in the best conditions.
For the tasting, this wine presents an unequaled elegance, a harmony of powerful tannins, then a persistent and fleshy length.
- Manager: Christian Seely
- Chief Executive Officer: Xavier Sanchez
- Technical Director: Jean-René Matignon
- Assistant Technical Manager and Cellar Master: Alexandra Lebossé
Other wines of the property
Les Griffons de Pichon Baron
History Les Griffons de Pichon Baron, 2nd wine of Château Pichon Baron, are the last born in the history of the estate https://www.bordeaux-tradition.com/vins/chateau-pichon-baron/. Young brother of Château Pichon Baron, this wine has the same character: pure and straight. It’s a...Wine details