Château Moulin Saint Georges
WHY BUY IT ?
- The know-how of the Vauthier family (Ch. Ausone)
- The parcels of Ch. Moulin St Georges are contiguous with those of Ausone
- Elegant wines that will age to perfection.
- Here we look for balance, the fruit
The history of Château Moulin Saint-Georges is closely linked to that of Château Ausone since the property also belongs to the Vauthier family. It was acquired much earlier than the Premier Grand Cru Classé A since it dates back to 1921.
Located 200 meters south of the city of Saint-Emilion, this 7-hectare vineyard is cultivated with care. Chateau Moulin Saint Georges is adjacent to Ausone and produces some 25 barrels a year of a rather square and well-built wine that has a great aptitude for aging. This terroir is planted on a clay-limestone soil. The average age of the vines is 26 years and the grape varieties are 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc. The work in the vineyard is traditional: weed, double guyot pruning, green operations, stripping, leaf stripping and green harvesting. The grapes are sorted in the vineyards during the grape harvests which are handmade. The fermentation is traditional in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats for 4 to 5 weeks in all, then the aging is about 18 months in 100% new barrels.
At the tasting, Château Moulin Saint-Georges offers a powerful and dense wine, of a beautiful length and elegance.
- Operator: VAUTHIER family
- Manager: Alain VAUTHIER
- Cellar Master: Philippe BAILLARQUET
- Consulting oenologist: Gilles PAUQUET