Château du Tertre
WHY BUY IT ?
- 5th Classified Growth of Margaux
- One of the highest qualitative potential of Margaux
- Exceptional terroir identical to some 2nd or 3rd Grand Cru Classé
- Very good notes for every vintage
- Parcel vinification which allows to influence more significantly the quality of the wine
Château du Tertre is a property steeped in history since the estate has existed since the 12th century and its vineyard of 52 hectares remains unchanged since 1855. It is in the 19th century that the wines of the Château will be known worldwide, thanks in particular to 1855 ranking that makes Château du Tertre a Margaux Grand Cru Classé. In 1997, Éric Albada Jelgersma bought this area where he made important investments to restructure the whole and give back to the Castle all its character and its nobility.
The vineyard benefits from an exceptional terroir on the Margaux appellation. The grape variety is 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. The average age of the vineyard is 35 years old. The team of the castle remained unchanged for over 10 years, retains traditional methods while combining innovation with tradition. In particular, it aims to limit the development of each vine. Soil maintenance and thinning reveal the excellence of the terroir. The Château opted for a wooden vat with gravity-filled vats. These small capacity tanks make it possible to isolate and vinify separately the best parcels.
At the tasting, Chateau du Tertre offers a wine in the style of Margaux, with the finesse and femininity that characterizes them. A silky and delicate wine.
L’Equipe du Château
- Owner : ALBADA JELGERSMA Family
- CEO : Alexander VAN BEEK
- General Manager : Lorenzo PASQUINI
- Commercial Director: Laure BASTARD
- Cellar Master : David FENNELLY
- Consulting oenologist: Laboratoires DUBOURDIEU