Château de Camensac
WHY BUY IT ?
- Grand Cru Classé in Haut-Médoc since 1855
- Many investments have been made by Céline Villars and Jean Merlaut since the purchase of the property in 2005
- An exceptional terroir and recognized know-how: a wine of great quality
- Internationally renowned oenologist consultant Eric Boissenot
- A wine that gets every year very good scores from the Press.
It’s been centuries since the vine appeared in the history of Camensac, around a house whose origin goes back to the XVIIIth century. Since then, only four families have succeeded to the management of the vintage. The current owners, Jean Merlaut and Céline Villars-Foubet bought the property in 2005 with the aim of giving it back its nobility thanks to numerous technical investments. The estate also produces other wines than Château de Camensac : Second de Camensac, Le Bailly de Camensac & La Closerie de Camensac. These wines represent an invitation to discover the incredible terroir and style of Château de Camensac.
Terroir & Vinification
The vineyard is located on the terroir of Saint-Julien, on the beautiful ridge of the town Saint-Laurent-du-Medoc. There, the soil is planted with 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot. The management of the vineyard is based on a strictly “artisanal” production philosophy. Planted at 10,000 feet per hectare, the respectable age of vine spontaneously gives birth to a measured harvest. As a result, the average yield does not exceed 40 to 45 hectoliters per hectare. The assistance of the famous oenologist consultant Eric Boissenot is a valuable accompaniment. Then the vinification is traditional
For the tasting, we discovered a wine with a limpid and brilliant color, with aromas of black cherry and blackcurrant, all in roundness.
- Owner: Céline VILLARS-FOUBET
- Chief Executive Officer: Jean-Pierre FOUBET
- Head of culture: Mr BOUGUINET
- Oenologist: Jacques BOISSENOT