Château Tour de Mons
WHY BUY IT ?
- Everything is done to produce a pure and elegant wine in the deepest respect of this great terroir of Margaux
- An exceptional terroir in Margaux, near some Grands Crus Classés of 1855
- Investments, renovations and modernization have led to the construction of a new barrel cellar, with storage, in order to improve the quality of the wine
- One of the CA Grands Crus estates as Ch. Grand-Puy Ducasse & Ch. Meyney.
- An essential price / quality ratio for a Margaux
The history of this very old vineyard begins in the 13th century. Château la Tour de Mons, formerly Tour de Marsac, took in 1623 the name of its owner Pierre de Mons. Château La Tour de Mons was later sold to the Clauzel Crunchet family and then bought back in 1995 by a group of institutional investors, Crédit Agricole and Caisse des Dépôts and Placements du Québec. Since, very important works of renovation and modernization were carried out in order to restore its past.
Terroir & Vinification
The area of ??the vineyard on this Médoc terroir is 48 hectares and the average age of the vineyard is 30 years. Also, the grape varieties are 55% Merlot, 34% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Petit Verdot and 5% Cabernet Franc. The estate has recently invested in a new winery, new cellars for storage of air-conditioned bottles, and acts in rational management of pesticides control.
For the tasting, this first wine offers a surprising aromatic intensity with a true identity worthy of the greatst wines of Margaux.
- Owners: CA GRANDS CRUS
- President: Jean-Jacques RICOLEAU
- Chief Executive Officer: Thierry BUDIN
- Sales and Communication Director: David LAUNAY
- Technical Director: Anne LE NAOUR
- Oenologist Council: Hubert de Boüard