WHY BUY IT ?
- Brigitte Rullier-Loussert, daughter of Michel Rullier, is a true professional
- A rigorous vineyard work and modern winemaking methods.
- The work of Brigitte Rullier-Loussert, accompanied by the Technical Director Saha Sokoloff is recognized by the press since this wine gets excellent marks in each vintage.
- ISO 14001 certification in 2013 and HVE Level 3 in 2017
Château Dalem is a beautiful family history that characterizes this eighteenth century house overlooking the valley of L’Isle. The Castle stands in front of Pomerol and the slopes of Saint-Emilion. Its vineyard, created in 1610, was owned by the same family for three centuries. In 1955, it was passed on to Michel Rullier, whose daughter took over the line in 2002. For more than forty years, Michel Rullier modernized winemaking techniques to improve the quality of his wines and to make them known throughout the world. His daughter continues today by promoting this development internationally.
Terroir & Vinification
On this terroir of Fronsac, the greatest care is brought to the management of the vineyard of 10 hectares and this requirement motivates each technical decision. The average age of the vines in the chateau is 40 years and the grape varieties are 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The diversity of the vats makes it possible to isolate zones of equivalent maturity and to let express as well as possible the different soils present on the exploitation. In addition, a careful sorting is carried out on bays by an innovative system with blades of air. The aging lasts 18 months and 40% of the barrels are renewed every year. Also, the heaters are chosen to respect the expression of the fruit. In September 2013, Château Dalem, a member of the first SME wine association of Bordeaux, celebrates the success of its environmental policy which obtains ISO14001 certification.
When tasting, Château Dalem surprises with its roundness and ease of drinking thanks to its velvety tannins.
- Owner: Brigitte RULLIER-LOUSSERT
- Technical Director : Sacha SOKOLOFF