WHY BUY IT ?
- The result of the alliance of a generous terroir, a favorable climate and the foresight of the winemakers
- Château Clinet is now unanimously claimed as one of the most prestigious wines in the world.
- One of the best Quality / Price / Notes in Bordeaux
- Consulting oenologist: Michel ROLLAND
- Work the vineyard in full respect of the environment, avoiding chemical treatments
- Development of new wine cellars at the cutting edge of technology, which makes it possible to be closer to the vineyard and thus to perfectly control the quality of the wine
Since the nineteenth century, the owners who have succeeded in the history of Château Clinet have worked to perfect, over generations, the quality of its production. Château Clinet is located in the heart of the Pomerol appellation, about 40 km from the city of Bordeaux.
Placed on the best plots of the famous gravelly terrace of Günz, terroir of the biggest Merlots in the world, it is one of the most prestigious areas of the appellation. The grape variety is mainly composed of Merlot (85%), supplemented with 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. The cultivation of the vine is carried out in the purest respect of the environment, giving preference to sustainable solutions rather than to chemical treatments, and to the human hand rather than to the profitability of the machine. Harvesting is always done by hand. To the natural assets of the appellation and the resources of the estate, we must add the development of state-of-the-art cellars to make the best of grapes and wine. The configuration of the cellars allows the traceability of the grapes from the vineyard to the end of the aging. In addition, the harvest is deposited by gravity in the wooden vats.
At the tasting, Château Clinet offers a silky wine, characteristic of Pomerol wines. The large proportion of merlot in this nectar brings a real freshness and a unique aromatic bouquet.
- Owner: Ronan LABORDE
- General Manager : Monique et Ronan LABORDE
- Cellar Master : Daniel ESTEVE
- Œnologist : Michel ROLLAND