Château Cheval Blanc
WHY BUY IT ?
- The expertise of Pierre Lurton (Yquem)
- Château Cheval Blanc counts over the last century, the greatest number of exceptional vintages than any other Grand Cru Classé
- Cheval Blanc works in sustainable viticulture
- The new cellar has 52 vats in order to respect as closely as possible the plot selection of the domain
- The winery is one of the very few buildings in this sector that are certified “high environmental quality” (HQE)
- Remarkably high notes since the last decade and long before by the international press
The history of Cheval Blanc began in the eighteenth century, while the current terroir of Cheval Blanc was a modest farm that had a large area of vines, as proven by a map of Belleyme, dated in 1764. Nearly a century later, the property was acquired by the FOURCAUD-LAUSSAC family, which kept it until 1998, when it was sold to Bernard ARNAULT and Baron Albert FRERE.
Terroir & Vinification
The property forms a homogeneous whole in one piece, at the limit of the Pomerol appellation. The conjunction of a terroir of exceptional quality and a grape variety (58% Cabernet Franc and 42% Merlot) which gives its production a very marked organoleptic identity. Also, the reasoned protection of the vineyard is a key word for Cheval Blanc: there has never been any herbicide on its soil.
At the tasting, Château Cheval Blanc wine expresses all its grace and prestige through its aromatic complexity and volume. A wine of unique richness that explains why it is considered as one of the greatest red wines in the world.
L’Equipe du Château
- Owner : LVMH et Albert FRERE
- Manager : Pierre LURTON
- Financial Manager: Arnaud de la FORCADE
- Technical Director: Pierre-Olivier CLOUET
- Œnologists : Cornelis VAN LEEUWEN, Gilles PAUQUET
- Head of culture : Nicolas CORPORANDY
- Cellar Master : Thierry GARNAUD