Le Petit Cheval
WHY BUY IT ?
- From the same terroir, it is an excellent introduction to its elder, because it has the same typicality and it opens a little faster towards elegance and finesse. It is a wine that can be tasted in its 5th year or more
- Second wine of the prestigious Château Cheval Blanc
- Cheval Blanc works in sustainable viticulture in order to respect health and the environment
- New cellars recently built make it possible to control their parcel almost perfectly and thus to control the quality of the wine
The history of Cheval Blanc began in the eighteenth century, while the current terroir of Cheval Blanc was a modest farm that had a large area of vines, as proven by a map of Belleyme, dated in 1764. Nearly a century later, the property was acquired by the FOURCAUD-LAUSSAC family, which kept it until 1998, when it was sold to Bernard ARNAULT and Baron Albert FRERE. Le Petit Cheval is the second wine of this prestigious castle and was born in 1988.
The property forms a homogeneous whole in one piece, at the limit of the Pomerol appellation. The conjunction of a terroir of exceptional quality and a grape variety (58% Cabernet Franc and 42% Merlot) which gives to its production a very marked organoleptic identity. The reasoned protection of the vineyard is a key word for Cheval Blanc: there has never been any herbicide on its soil.
At the tasting, Château Cheval Blanc wine expresses all its grace and prestige through its aromatic complexity and volume. A wine of unique richness that explains why it is considered one of the greatest red wines in the world.
- Owner : LVMH et Albert FRERE
- General Manager : Pierre LURTON
- Financial Director : Arnaud de la FORCADE
- Technical Director : Pierre-Olivier CLOUET
- Œnologist : Cornelis VAN LEEUWEN, Gilles PAUQUET
- Head of Culture : Nicolas CORPORANDY
- Cellar Master : Thierry GARNAUD