WHY BUY IT ?
- Nicolas Audebert produces vintages of excellence
- Château Canon has established itself as a great wine, recognized, renowned and distinguished Premier Grand Cru Classé
- Substantial investments have been made in the development of the winery as well as in the complete restructuring of the vineyard.
- One of the best terroirs of Saint-Emilion: 34 Ha in one piece on the plateau
- A property of Chanel, just like Ch. Rauzan-Ségla
- Great scores every year
The history of the Canon Castle goes back to 1760 when the lieutenant of frigate and corsair, with the name of the same name, Jacques Kanon, acquired the Domain of Saint Martin. He immediately undertook the construction of an elegant house and developed the monoculture of the vine on all the parcels. It was a rare strategy at that time. In the twentieth century, the property is bought by the Fournier family who will spread the fame. In 1996, the Wertheimer family became the owner of the Chanel group and took over the property. The vineyard is completely restructured and important investments are made under the impetus of John Kolasa. Even today, everything is done to preserve the heritage of this fabulous vintage, in an eternal and indefatigable care of perfection.
Terroir & Vinification
The terroir of Château Canon occupies a limestone terrace facing south-west which constitutes the bulk of its surface. This vineyard covers 34 hectares in one piece. The site culminates at 87 meters, enjoys a perfect ventilation and an enclosed perimeter that protects the vines from spring frosts. There, the grape varieties are 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc. Under the guidance of oenologist Gilles Pauquet, the vinification is carried out in a barrel cellar of 300 barrels.
At the tasting, the Château Canon offers each wine a wine of extreme finesse and great voluptuousness that will enchant all mouths.
- Owners : Gérard et Alain Wertheimer (Groupe Chanel)
- Director : Nicolas Audebert
- Head of vines : Stéphane Bonasse