WHY BUY IT ?
- Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Emilion
- Huge investment in the wines & in the cellar
- Exceptional terroir similar to its neighbors: Châteaux Pavie, Troplong Mondot and Larcis Ducasse
- International reputation of its consultant oenologist: Michel ROLLAND
- A “Vignobles K” estate (Enclos Tourmaline, Ch. Tour Saint Christophe)
- Rebirth of the estate
- Good scores from the press
- Grape variety: 70% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc et 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
Château Bellefont was built at the end of the 18th century by the Count of Belcier. The name Bellefont could come from the “beautiful fountains” that existed around the Castle. Historically, the Château belonged to the Faure family, well known in Bordeaux. Since 1994, the Château is acquired by Jacques Berrebi and Alain Laguillaumie, who were joined by Dominique Hébrard. The three partners are investing in the renovation and modernization of the terroir and equipment of Château Bellefont-Belcier in order to offer an exceptional wine to its all time consumers.
Château Bellefont-Belcier is none other than a terroir that is worth gold; first because it is a neighbor of the Castles Pavia, Lacis Ducasse, but also because of its clay-limestone soils that brings us this incredible grape variety composed with 70% of Merlot, 20% of Cabernet- Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon.
You can feel notes of black fruits and a nice length when tasting Château Bellefont-Belcier. It is also an attractive wine with an intense ruby color.
- Owners: Jacques BERREBI, Alain LAGUILLAUMIE, Dominique HEBRARD
- Manager: Emmanuel de SAINT SALVY