WHY BUY IT ?
- The know-how of the Perrodo family
- Throughout its history, the vineyard has received the most attentive care that earned it the deserved reputation of a racy wine with exquisite taste and distinguished bouquet
- Since 2007 a team of quality, directed by Marjolaine Maurice de Coninck, leads the winemaking with great rigor
- A wine regularly awarded for 10 years
- The management of the vineyard is reasoned
- One of the most beautiful Margaux brands at a very attractive price
Gorsse, or Gorce, is a very old name in the history of Guyenne since it spread throughout the Medoc in the Middle Ages. Several Gorsse families have resided for centuries in Margaux and in the neighboring communes. It is also a certain “Abbot Gorce” who has most likely left his name instead. The existence of the Noble House of Bégorce since 1332 is mentioned by Edouard Ferret in its edition of 1868, which presents it as one of the most beautiful and best located in the town of Margaux. The construction project of the Castle was realized by the famous architect Corcelles (1765-1843) in the style Louis XVI. In 2006, the Perrodo family bought the vineyard and gave it back its nobility by surrounding itself with a motivated team.
The vineyard of Château Labégorce consists of 70 hectares of vines in production with feet aged 25 years on average. The grape variety is 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. The management of the vineyard is reasoned, without the use of herbicides or pesticides and work on the vines are traditional. The grapes are manual and per plot. The vinification is traditional, in concrete vats and the aging is done in barrels during 12 to 15 months with a selection of 40% of new wood.
At the tasting, Château Labégorce combines finesse with the elegance of its appellation, the power and volume of Cabernets with the roundness of Merlot.
- Owner: Nathalie PERRODO-SAMANI
- Executive Director: Marjolaine MAURICE-DE-CONINCK
- Technical Director Fabien RAYMOND