Clos Floridène Blanc
WHY BUY IT ?
- Thus “cultivated like a garden”, in an orderly and preserved nature, the vines of Clos Floridene ripen early offering concentrated grapes, tasty, possessing the softness and the aromatic radiance of the fresh fruit that one finds in the wines
- A renowned oenologist who belongs to the same family as the owners: Fabrice DUBOURDIEU
- A red wine and a white wine from the same terroir that produces quality wines
- A must-have value for this wine
The name and history of Château Clos Floridène evokes the names of its founders: Denis and Florence Dubourdieu. At its beginning, in 1982, Clos Floridène is a small enclosure with 2 hectares of old white vineyards of Semillon and Muscadelle, a winemaker’s house, an old cellar and 2 ha of wasteland planted since their acquisition in Cabernet Sauvignon. Gradually, by successive purchases of neighboring parcels, is constituted the current vineyard. In 1991, Clos Floridène grew significantly by joining Château Montalivet, a vineyard of 13 ha, mostly contiguous to Floridène.
Exclusively maintained by traditional plowing, the terroir of the Clos Floridene vineyard receives no herbicide. Organic manures are based on vegetable composts. Ebourgeonnages, trellings, stripping are done by hand with meticulous care. Clos Floridène produces a dry white wine and a red wine from the Graves appellation. The white vineyard (22.7 ha) consists of Sémillon (56%), Sauvignon Blanc (43%) and Muscadelle (1%).
At the tasting, the closed Floridene Blanc offers a nose of citrus fruits and white fruits. On the palate, it is structured, dense, fresh and powerful.
- Owners : Jean-Jacques et Fabrice DUBOURDIEU
- Technical Director : Jean-Jacques DUBOURDIEU