Clos Floridène (Rouge)
WHY BUY IT ?
- Thus “cultivated like a garden”, in an orderly and preserved nature, the vines of Clos Floridene ripen early offering concentrated grapes, tasty, possessing the softness and the aromatic radiance of the fresh fruit that one finds in the wines
- A renowned oenologist who belongs to the same family as the owners: Fabrice Debourdieu
- A red wine and a white wine from the same terroir that produces quality wines
- A must-have value for this wine
The name and history of Clos Floridène simply evokes the names of its founders: Denis and Florence Dubourdieu. At its beginnings, in 1982, Clos Floridène is a small enclosure with 2 hectares of old white vines of Sémillon and Muscadelle, a winemaker’s house, an old cellar and 2 ha of wasteland planted since their acquisition in Cabernet Sauvignon. Gradually, by successive purchases of neighboring parcels, is constituted the current vineyard. In 1991, Clos Floridène grew significantly by joining Château Montalivet, a vineyard of 13 ha, mostly contiguous to Floridène.
Exclusively maintained by traditional plowing, the terroir of the Clos Floridène vineyard receives no herbicide. Organic manures are based on vegetable composts. Ebourgeonnages, trellings and stripping are done by hand with meticulous care. Clos Floridène produces a dry white wine and a red wine from the Graves appellation. The red vineyard (17.3 ha) has a high proportion of Cabernet Sauvignon (72%) associated with 28% Merlot.
At the tasting, this wine offers an original nectar strongly marked by an unusual association in Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon on limestone. In a bright and intense color, it has an aroma of blackcurrant strawberry, with notes of mint and licorice. Its fruity and tannic flavors are powerful, silky and fresh.
- Owners : Jean-Jacques et Fabrice DUBOURDIEU
- Technical Director : Jean-Jacques DUBOURDIEU