Château Rouget


  • A beautiful brand in Pomerol that makes elegant wines
  • An estate working under the sustainable viticulture in order to respect the environment
  • The harvest is done manually and plot by plot, that allows to guarantee an optimal maturity level
  • This amazing terroir of 18 hectares is a clos neighbour of Pétrus, l’Eglise-Clinet and Le Gay
  • Good scores for this vintage

Acquired in 1992 by the Labruyère family, the history of Château Rouget has since shifted into modernity and benefited from major investments. Those investements have enabled it to produce wines with notoriety close to its prestigious neighbors L’Eglise Clinet, Pétrus and Le Gay.

Because of the fact that its terroir is located on the clay soils of Pomerol appellation, the composition of Château Rouget wine is predominantly Merlot, at 85% of its grape variety more exactly; the remaining 15% are made of  Cabernet Sauvignon.

Château Rouget is considered to be a sweet, pulpy wine with firm, juicy tannins when tasting. His fans will tell you that it has a nice mouth on red fruits and spices.

Their Team 

  • Responsable: Edouard Labruyère
  • Maître de chai: Antoine Ribeiro
  • Maître de culture: Antoine Ribeiro