Château Larrivet Haut Brion
WHY BUY IT ?
- An increasingly strong brand that has made tremendous progress over the last 5 years
- Internationally renown of its consulting oenologist: Michel ROLLAND
- With expert enthusiasts, the expert team has given back all its acclaim to this property, flagship of the Pessac-Léognan vintages
- These wines are regularly recommended in professional guides such as Gault & Millau
- One of the best quality / price ratio of the Pessac-Léognan appellation
The rich and complex Château Larrivet Haut-Brion history archives reveal many changes of names and owners … All great connoisseurs of Bordeaux wines. First “Château de Canolle”, then “La Rivette”, then successively “La Rivette” and “Brion-Larrivet”, it is only from 1874 that the property acquires its name almost definitive. Now named “Château Haut-Brion Larrivet”, it belongs at the time to Ernest Laurent, trader at the Place de Bordeaux. In 1949, the property will finally find its current name. Since 1987, the property is owned by the Gervoson family and found the wine unit that was his at the beginning of the century.
The planted area of the vineyard is 72 hectares and the soils that compose it are characteristic of the average terrace of Graves de Bordeaux. The grape variety is 60% Sauvignon Blanc, 40% Semillon. The average age of the vines is 25 years for red wine and 20 years for white wine. Driven by the passion for their wine, the team of Château Larrivet Haut-Brion ensures its daily development from careful and meticulous care to the vine until the harvest of healthy grapes arrived at perfect maturity.
At the tasting, the wine of Château Larrivet Haut-Brion offers a typical Pessac Léognan wine: very well balanced, fruity, long in the mouth … It also has great aging potential.
- Owners : Famille GERVOSON
- CEO : Bruno LEMOINE
- Cellar Master : Patrick MERAZ
- Head of Culture : Patrick GRENET
- Public Relations : Emilie GERVOSON
- Oenologist Consultant : Michel ROLLAND