Château Larcis Ducasse
"Fascinés par la qualité des terroirs qui nous sont offerts à Larcis Ducasse, nous nous efforçons d’entretenir cette terre par des façons aussi diverses que les terroirs de la propriété sont nuancés."
WHY BUY IT ?
- Everything here favors the production of a very high quality wine: the exceptional terrace terroir located at the end of the Pavie coast with the ideal exposure (facing south)
- The long tradition of quality that characterizes the wines of Château Larcis Ducasse has not only been maintained but even improved in recent years
- Modern winemaking techniques as well as new establishments make it possible to produce quality wines
- Internationally renowned for its oenologist consultant: Stéphane Derenoncourt
- One of the best value for money / notes
In the history, in the XVIth century, the wines of the Château Larcis Ducasse are very appreciated and already very sought after. In 1867, a gold medal awarded at the Universal Exhibition of Paris rewards the quality of wines produced on this exceptional terroir. Owned by the Gratiot Alphandery family, the Château benefits from the advice of Stéphane Derenoncourt and Julien Lavenu and allows Nicolas Thienpont to continue the efforts made to date to constantly increase the quality of the estate’s wines. He commissions a precise study of the terroirs of the exploitation, engages important means for the renovation of the vineyard and the cellars and reinforces his technical team.
Aware of the exceptional potential of the Château Larcis Ducasse terroir and helped by a young and dynamic right-hand man, David Suire and Nicolas Thienpont combines traditional methods and innovative techniques to exalt the flavors of this land. The Château Larcis Ducasse vineyard is currently planted with 78% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon. Establishment of treatments thought out for the sake of respecting the natural balance, sorted manually by vine and cellar, grapes gravity-fed grapes by separating grapes and plots.
At the tasting, this wine offers an aromatic bouquet of the most surprising, with a sensual attack and a long and luscious finish.
- Owners : Famille GRATIOT ALPHANDERY
- Manager : Nicolas THIENPONT
- Technichal Director : David SUIRE
- Œnologue Consultant : Stéphane DERENONCOURT