Château Lacoste Borie
WHY BUY IT ?
- Under the inspired direction of François-Xavier Borie (who renovated the estate after its purchase in 1978) the wine produced is a pauillac of the foreground
- The wines of Château Grand Puy Lacoste are particularly pleasant
- A clean typology with this subtle flavor of blackurant cream due to a late harvest
- Many investments have been made in the winery and in the vineyard
Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste was historically created by an adviser to the Parliament of Bordeaux in the early eighteenth century but the current castle dates from 1850. He entered the Borie family in 1978 and is now managed by François-Xavier. The Borie family has owned prestigious Grands Crus Classés for several generations now. This is undoubtedly one of the best terroirs of Pauillac and one of the most regular classified wines at the highest level. Lacoste Borie is the second wine of the famous Château Grand Puy Lacoste.
Terroir & Vinification
Located at the top of the Bages Plateau, in an excellent neighborhood, this beautiful, homogenous 50-hectare vineyard, traditionally planted with 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc, produces a wine reflecting this pretty terroir.
Numerous investments have made it possible to improve the vinification and aging of Château Grand Puy Lacoste wines, which are always the subject of very careful, constant and meticulous care.
At the tasting, this second wine has a beautiful structure supported by well rounded tannins. This is a really nice wine that can be enjoyed with pleasure now and that will gain in roundness and charm with a little aging.
- Owner: BORIE Family
- Manager: François-Xavier BORIE
- Technical Director: Christelle SPINNER
- Head of culture: Marc DUVOCELLE
- Cellar Master: Benoît ESTASSY
- Consulting enologist: Éric BOISSENOT