WHY BUY IT ?
- The estate belongs to the Martin family since the 1980s
- Bordeaux success story: the 50 hectares of the vineyard have been made up piece by piece over several years by the purchase of plots exclusively from Grand Crus Classés in 1855
- Château Gloria is a world famous brand, which is comparable to the Grands Crus Classés of the appellation in termes of quality
- A wine that remains relatively affordable compared to the “stars” of the appellation to whom it can be compared without fear of demerit
- Equipment in the high-tech vat that allows the control of the quality of the wine produced by the team
- All investments made over 5 years and the expertise of the entire team with Remy Di Constanzio (former technical director of Ch. Cos D’Estournel) helps the property to be closer and closer of the best Saint-julien wines
Unlike the other famous properties from Bordeaux whose history is very old, the history of Château Gloria is recent and dates from the second half of the twentieth century. The property was created from scratch, rank of vines by row of vines and plot by plot. Henri Martin, at the origin of this company, did his best to acquire various parcels of classified growth very well located to compose the current Château Gloria. His name was inspired by a neighboring locality, The Gloria. Although it has been awarded prestigious terroirs, Château Gloria has never been able to obtain a revision of the 1855 classification that would have allowed it to appear there.
The vineyard has 44 hectares on a terroir among the best of the appellation. The grape variety is very classic with 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot. With 80-year-old vines and 30-year-old vines, the average age is around 45 years old. The vineyard is remarkable and carefully maintained. Over the years, the production equipment has undergone successive renovations and modernizations, including the construction in 2000 of a new barrel cellar. In addition, very regular and high quality qualitative assessments are carried out.
At the tasting, Château Gloria reveals a silky entry and with an exceptional in-mouth melting. Its tannins are melted and precise and its length is impressive.
- Owners : S.C Domaines MARTIN
- Director : Jean TRIAUD
- Technical Director : Rémi DI CONSTANZO
- Cellar Master : Philippe BLANCHARD