WHY BUY IT ?
- Estate belonging to the Martin family since the 1980s
- Bordeaux success story: the 50 hectares of the vineyard were made piece by piece over several years by the purchase of plots exclusively from Grand Crus Classés in 1855
- Great regularity of Saint Pierre since his purchase by the Martin family
- Ch. Saint Pierre is a powerful and robust wine, ample and fleshy, not without complexity and elegance
- This wine remains relatively affordable compared to the “stars” of the appellation to whom it can be compared without fear of demerit
- Equipment in the high-tech vat that allows the control of the quality of the wine produced by the team
- All the investments made since more than 5 years as well as the know-how of the whole team with Remy Di Constanzio (former technical director of Ch. Cos D’Estournel) allow the property to be closer and closer to the elite of Saint-Julien
The viticultural history of Saint Pierre is one of the oldest in the Medoc, dating back to the 16th century. From 1693, the archives attest to the existence of a wine estate, then called “Serançan” belonging to the Marquis de Cheverry. At the death of the Baron of Saint-Pierre, who owes the name of the castle today, the estate was then divided. Even if now the Castle is classified, the 2 halves are exploited separately. Henri Martin will bring new life and integrity gradually to the castle by gradually bringing together the various elements that make up the estate: the winery, the house and the vineyard located in the heart of the commune of Beychevelle.
The vineyard covers an area of ??17 hectares. The grape variety is 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The winemaking is conducted in the cellars of Château Gloria by the same technical team led by Rémi Di Constanzo. A selection is made in the cellar and 60% of the volume is used, the rest being sold to the trade.
At the tasting, Château Saint-Pierre offers a typical wine of Saint-Julien: dense, complex and very rich. We then discover its tannic structure, fine and elegant, and its length in the mouth of exception.
- Owner : S.C Domaines Martin
- Manager : Jean TRIAUD
- Technical Director : Rémi DI CONSTANZO
- Cellar Master : Philippe BLANCHARD