Château Ducru Beaucaillou
WHY BUY IT ?
- Grand Cru Classé of Saint-Julien
- Internationally renown oenologist consultant: Eric Boissenot
- The vintage offered by the estate represents the spirit of Médoc wines, a style of elegance and subtlety
- Signature of Bruno Borie and Eric Boissenot: fine wine with great length in the mouth, an archetypal Saint-Julien wine.
- Construction of one of the largest Médoc cellars, which today makes it possible to be even more precise in terms of vinification and produce wines of a very high quality
- Very good scores each year
The history of Château Ducru-Beaucaillou dates back to the early eighteenth century, more precisely in the year 1720. It is so named because of the beautiful (and large) pebbles characteristic of its unique wine terroir. In an original way in Bordeaux, this Victorian style Château is built directly above the barrel cellars. Classified 2nd Classified Growth in 1855, the property is owned by the Borie family since 1942 which perpetuates the same concern for excellence.
Planted with 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot, Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou produces a wine considered by many to be the quintessence of the Médoc. The attentive care of Bruno Borie, its owner, the quality and the meticulousness of the care lavished on the vine and the draconian selection of the grapes are all elements that can explain this success. Jacques Boissenot, and his son Eric, are the consulting oenologists of Château Ducru-Beaucaillou. The harvest is entirely manual and the vinification evolves each year according to the typicality of the grapes harvested. In addition, vinification is always mastered and modern, carried out in a concern for perfection. 3 sorting tables, including one at the vineyard, plus an optical sorting machine allowed this year to work grapes with an optimum quality.
At the tasting, Château Ducru Beaucaillou offers a wine with aromas of cedar and the texture of a first-growth breed.
- Owner: Bruno BORIE
- Master of Chai: René LUSSEAU
- Oenologist Advisors : Eric BOISSENOT
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Mrs BORIE
- Public Relations Manager: Sabine COIFFE-BORIE
Other wines of the property
Le Petit Ducru de Ducru Beaucaillou
The history of Château Ducru-Beaucaillou dates back to the early eighteenth century, more precisely in the year 1720. It is so named because of the beautiful (and large) pebbles characteristic of its unique wine terroir. In an original way in...Wine details