Château du Glana
WHY BUY IT ?
- The wines produced are renown and appreciated all over the world by professionals and the wines lovers
- Small property in the heart of an exceptional terroir
- In order to get out the best of the grapes, the estate is under sustainable viticulture
- A judicious balance between modern methods and respect of traditions
- Excellent quality/price ratio for Saint-Julien Appellation
The Château du Glana was built in 1870, and was purchased by the famous nurseryman Gabriel Meffre in early in 1961. Historically the vineyard had been formed with parcels of St. Pierre, and Gabriel Meffre has gradually increased its surface, bringing it to more than 40 hectares. It is today his son, Jean-Paul and his grandchildren, Ludovic and Julien who lead the property. They have made significant investments in order to be able to offer high quality wines. Professor Denis Dubourdieu brings his experience to the Château in vinification.
The terroir has 43 hectares of vines that are spread over well-drained sandy-gravel soils. The plantations are disbudded, leafless and thinned by hand. The work of the vine is carried out in fight reasoned, the manual harvest. The grape variety is composed of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon and 35% Merlot. The dominant Cabernet Sauvignon brings all its structure to the wine and gives it its aptitude for aging.
The tasting of Château du Glana brings softness, roundness and a great frankness of fruit in the mouth.
- Responsable: Jean-Paul Meffre
- Maître de chai: Denis Eliceche