Château Clerc Milon
WHY BUY IT ?
- Recent restructuring of the cellars and the vineyard which allows an impeccable work on the wine and thus an important quality
- 5th Grand Cru Classé in 1855
- Tradition of quality and regularity in the wines of Baron Philippe de Rothschild
The history of this property really began in 1970, when Baron Philippe de Rothschild acquired the Château Clerc Milon, whose state left much to be desired. North of the Pauillac appellation, this Fifth Grand Cru Classé in 1855 occupies a privileged position between the first Crus Lafite and Mouton.
The grape variety, on a terroir that favors Cabernet Sauvignon at 49%, also consists of 37% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot and 1% Carménère. The renovation of the vineyard by the teams of Château Mouton Rothschild, its consolidation, as well as various technical improvements, in particular the construction of a new vat, can explain their actual success.
At the tasting, Clerc Milon presents itself as a fleshy and greedy wine, with very tight tannins.
- Owner: Camille and Philippe Sereys de Rothschild and Julien de Beaumarchais de Rothschild
- Chief Executive Officer: Philippe DHALLUIN
- Director: Jean-Emmanuel DANJOY
- Sales Director: Hervé GOUIN