Chapelle de la Solitude Red
WHY BUY IT ?
- An exclusive Bordeaux Tradition
- The know-how of the Domaine de la Solitude team, also advised by the Domaine de Chevalier team
- An estate of Olivier Bernard, a family story whith Bordeaux Tradition
- A true aromatic identity, one of the best value for money wine
- A story to write, large volumes to build important markets
Not far from the town of Martillac, the Domaine de la Solitude has been home to the Sisters of the Holy Family since 1854. The sweet melancholy that reigns over the years has shaped this magnificent terroir of Graves, imbued it with an atmosphere that can not be found anywhere else. When in 1993 they ask Olivier Bernard, the Bernard family sees a fantastic opportunity to produce a wine in harmony with this place, without denying the contribution of modernism, but always with this idea of a certain past, of a certain story.
Terroir & Vinification
At the Domaine de la Solitude, Olivier Bernard opted for respect for the fruit and its expression, constantly improving his approach and his interventions: go in the direction of wine keeping in mind that a great wine is first a big grape. Chapelle de la Solitude is just the extension of this philosophy: to offer you a wine respecting the soil of Graves that we love so much, by selecting the best batches of each vintage. Thus, Chapelle de la Solitude is an exclusivity of Bordeaux Tradition in partnership with the Bernard family.
At the tasting, Chapelle de la Solitude Rouge offers a typical and fruity wine. A typical Graves and particularly tasty. It is a bright fruit wine, fleshy, greedy, with melted tannins.
- Owners : Famille BERNARD
- Director : Olivier BERNARD
- co-Director : Rémi EDANGE
- Technical Director : Thomas STONESTREET