Blanc de la Tour Carnet
WHY BUY IT ?
- The white wine of Château La Tour Carnet, 4th Grand Cru Classé in 1855
- The vineyard is conducted in sustainable agriculture in respect of the environmentThe signature wines of
- Bernard Magrez, the only man with 4 Grands Crus Classés
- The know-how of Bernard Magrez’s team
- A property always in pursuit of excellence: introduction of a drone that flies over the vineyards in 2014 to optimize the virtues of the land by assigning them the best adapted grape varieties.
- A very good value for money
The history of Château La Tour Carnet dates back to the 12th century. Indeed, this vast vineyard of 132 hectares is undoubtedly one of the oldest domains of the Medoc. Its architecture is purely medieval as evidenced by the tower, surrounded by moats, which was built in 1120. The domain takes its name from the valiant squire Carnet having fought alongside the lord Jean de Fait: his self-denial and his bravery were such that he received the property in inheritance. Subsequently, the estate belonged to illustrious owners, including the Montaigne family. Since the 2000s, Château La Tour Carnet has been taken over by Bernard Magrez, who has started a restoration and renovation program. Located in the heart of the Medoc, the property has a unique and exceptional terroir, called the “Butte de la Tour Carnet”. It is a visual curiosity but also geological since it is the only clay-limestone mound of the Medoc.
The quality of Château La Tour Carnet’s wines lies in the quality of its terroir of Garonne and Pyrenean gravel. The white grape variety of La Tour Carnet is divided between Sauvignon blanc (54%), Sauvignon gris (26%) and Sémillon (20%). The entire harvest is handmade in a small crate. Fermentation is then done in cuvettes for Sauvignon and in new barrels for Sémillon for 15 days. The aging is done on fine lees from 8 to 10 months until bottling. The vineyard as a whole is conducted reasoned culture, with respect for the environment and humans.
For tasting, the white wine of Tour Carnet offers a wine marked by citrus, both woody and very fresh.
L’Equipe du Château
- Propriétaire: Bernard MAGREZ
- Superviseur vignobles bordelais : Frédéric CHABANEAU
- Directrice Technique : Jeanne LACOMBE
- Oenologue: Michel ROLLAND