Les Griffons de Pichon Baron have a pure and direct personnality, following the path of Ch. Pichon Baron. So what are the characteristic of this gorgeous vintage 2015? Bordeaux Tradition reveals the secret of this cru !
Les Griffons de Pichon Baron: The Story
Since the 2012 vintage, the AXA’s stable (i.a Pichon Baron, Petit Village, Quinto de Noval, Suduiraut …) introduced a new label in its range Les Griffons de Pichon Baron, issued from the famous Pauillac 2ème Cru Classé, Ch. Pichon Baron.
You may be familiar before with “Les Tourelles de Longueville” which comes from a specific Merlot-dominant parcel of the property called “Saint Anne”. Les Griffons completes Pichon Baron’s range with a wine coming from the same terroir than the iconic Ch. Pichon Baron, with grapes selected just before the vinifcation stage. Les Griffons carrries the prestigious signature of Pichon Baron: a pure and direct personnality, with a blend dominated by Cabernet . Delightful in its youth, it still preserves an excellent ageing potential, dear to the greatest wines of Pauillac.
Les Griffons de Pichon Baron: Release of vintage 2015
60% Cabernet Sauvignon & 40% Merlot
Parker: 91-93 / JS: 91-92 / AG: 90-93 / B&D: 93-94 / RG: 92-94
/ JR: 17 / DEC: 90 / WE: 92-94“Succulent, open-knit and inviting, the Griffons captures the essence of the year in spades. Despite its forward personality, there is plenty of tannin and structure lurking beneath. This is a strong showing from the Griffons”, Antonio Galloni
- The signature of one of the top Bordeaux estates
- 2015: an exceptional vintage
- The know-how of a 2nd Classified Growth in Pauillac
- Great scores, following the path of Ch. Pichon Baron 2015
- Complementary to Les Tourelles, which comes from a very specific Merlot dominant plot. With Griffons, Cabernet is the king !
- 60% vinified in new oak barrel
- A stunning black label
- The global exposure of AXA’s stable offering you all the tools to maximize your distribution (press coverage, presence on the field, etc…)
- Vintage 2014 still available in our cellar
If you get any interest in this wine, be free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at +33 5 56 69 25 30