Notre dame de la Solitude (Red)
WHY BUY IT ?
- The second wine of Domaine de la Solitude
- The signature wines of Olivier Bernard, owner of Domaine de Chevalier, Grand Cru Classé de Graves
- All the know-how of Olivier Bernard and his team
- A true recognition of the press
- A family partnership
- A vintage after vintage, for many years
- A recognized brand and a sure value of Péssac Léognan
- A true aromatic identity for a good price / quality ratio
The history of the Domaine de la Solitude does not allow to locate with clarity the origin of the property. In reality, it is not from the nineteenth century and the establishment of the community of the Holy Family of Solitude that we have an explicit historiography of the Estate. It was in 1970, aware of the need to enhance their viticultural capital, a finality that was not very compatible with their contemplative life, that the sisters decided to manage the estate to external stakeholders. This decision will then pay off and the image of the vineyard of La Solitude, almost non-existent, will gradually integrate the concert production of the Graves of the North.
In 1993, Olivier Bernard, owner of the Domaine de Chevalier since 1983, agrees to take in closing the vineyard of La solitude for a period of 40 years. Notre Dame de la Solitude is the second wine of the property.
The terroir, with some similarities to that of Chevalier, is planted with 40 hectares of 25-year-old vines. To find the same nature on both domains, even if the structure of the grounds presents important nuances. The grape variety is 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot. Harvesting is done by hand and winemaking with positive results, based on moderate temperatures, grape varieties and plot origin. Malolactic fermentation takes place in barrels. The evolution of the Domaine’s wines towards a thicker structure, with fine and elegant tannins, allow the winemaker to increase the proportion of wood during aging.
At the tasting, Notre Dame de la Solitude is a bright fruit wine, fleshy, greedy, with melted tannins.
- Owner : S.C. Dne de Chevalier
- Manager : Olivier BERNARD
- Co-Director : Rémi EDANGE
- Technical Director : Thomas STONESTREET