WHY BUY IT ?
- The know-how of the Cuvelier family, owner of the Châteaux The Great Walls and Clos Fourtet
- In this property, the concern for quality advocates above all
- New techniques and ambitious qualitative choices instilled by the Cuvelier Family & made by Stéphane
- Derenoncourt have allowed Château Poujeaux to produce remarkable and remarkable wines.
- Everything is done as for a Grand Cru Classé: stripping in the rising sun in mid-June, green harvest for a good maturation, plowing and traditional ways of cultivation.
- A vineyard grown in sustainable agriculture
- A fragmented management that respects the personality of the wine
The history of Château Poujeaux dates back to the Middle Ages when the Poujeaux lands were still a dependent Lordship of Latour Saint-Mambert, future Château Latour … During the 19th century, the estate produces its first wines and takes its real independence. In 2008, the property is acquired by the family Cuvelier, already owner of the Clos Fourtet Castles. While continuing, the current owners bring a new energy and a lot of ambition to the property to hoist it to the top. Today, the property is co-managed by Matthieu Cuvelier and Christophe Labenne, which perpetuates the family and team spirit of Château Poujeaux.
The terroir of Château Poujeaux, in one piece, is located north-east of Moulis, on the rumps of Grand-Poujeaux. The vines are 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot. Considerable investments have been made by Didier Cuvelier, the concern for quality advocating above all: complete renovation of cellars, temperature regulation, aging in new barrels, selections increasingly rigorous … The success of Château Poujeaux is due to the extreme rigor of the selection of vats as well as the know-how passed on for three generations, rewarded twice by the Crus Bourgeois Cup.
At the tasting, Château Poujeaux offers all the qualities inherent in elegance, depth and balance.
- Owner: CUVELIER Family
- Managers: Matthieu CUVELIER
- Director: Christophe LABENNE
- Head of Culture: Stéphane Dubrulle
- Master of Chai: Daniel Bercion
- Consultant: Stéphane DERENONCOURT